Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Shear Genius in Times Square

NYC-based Field Reporter Trish O'Shea covered the Shear Genius event in Times Square. Thanks very much Trish!

Photo courtesy of WireImage.

The cast of Shear Genius 2 got their introduction to stardom today - right in the heart of NYC's theater district!

Bravo held its Shear Genius 2 kick-off event this afternoon on the "Military Island" in Times Square. Now, for those of you who don't know where that it - watch "Good Morning America" or MTV's "Total Request Live". Those small islands in the middle of the street where people try to get seen on TV ? Yup that's it!

I took the bus into the city from New Jersey this morning with my boyfriend Keith, who does the commute every day. Since he has to be at work downtown at 10, I figured the timing would work out perfectly (I wanted to get there early.) After a great breakfast at the famous Junior's restaurant, I wandered over to the island, where I saw the set being built. I walked over to introduce myself and take a few pictures, but I noticed that my camera batteries were running low so I walked up the block to buy new ones. I was only gone about 15 minutes but when I returned, a crowd had gathered and the place was PACKED!



Click here to continue.