Daniel Lewis, celebrity hair stylist and Bravo’s Shear Genius Season 2 Fan Favorite, knows a thing or two about Red Carpet style. A fan of timeless elegance, Daniel was happy to see classic styles like those worn by Anne Hathaway and Vanessa Hudgens make a welcome comeback at the 2009 Academy Awards.
Daniel’s Top 5 Oscar Hair Picks
1. Kate Winslet – Flawless! Her hair is exactly what Oscar hair should be.
2. Penelope Cruz - Her perfect bun and thick fringe bang were absolute perfection.
3. Sarah Jessica Parker - She looked spectacular as usual. That mane of hair is just so perfect and was a great example of appropriate fullness.
4. Tilda Swinton - Love the new blonde hair! She usually looks a little hard for my taste, but the new color takes that lizard look down a couple notches. Just shows how hair color can change your whole aura.
5. Meryl Streep - As much as I love her, she usually lets me down with a disheveled style for awards shows, but this time she looked surprisingly appropriate and really beautiful with hair up and soft and.
Who Missed the Mark?
Jennifer Aniston - You would think since borrowed her dress from Miss Missouri 1994, her hair would have been better but what was that?
Marrisa Tomei - Looked like she was up for a roll in “High School Musical 4.” That look was a little too prom for her age.